View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2024 at 10:52 AM

I suppose something like what happens for you when you consider or feel things in an inter rather than intra way. Experimenting with your capacity to be alone with the feelings without shutting down, becoming overwhelmed, or whatever flavour of dysregulation you might ordinarily experience. You will know that you will come into contact with your therapist again so it could be an opportunity to safely consider yourself without any of the pretention or performance which can threaten to intrude when we interact with an other. You with you, rather than you with your therapist. It could be work which includes journalling, somatic stuff, art stuff, whatever it is which helps you access your private world - not in a general sense, but with a specific focus on the issues you need to look at over this period. Something new might emerge, a greater depth might reveal itself, whatever. The appeal for me is that I can have additional time to allow something to happen which I can then explore in relation to my therapist. As I re-read this, it all sounds like a load of pretentious wank, but it's difficult for me to describe the experience.
comrademoomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LostOnTheTrail, NP_Complete