View Single Post
rukspc

Member Since Feb 2014
39 hugs
given
Default May 03, 2024 at 03:15 PM

My mother and sister don't even talk to me anymore.

My mom is stubborn and even visited my sister and her family, but she didn't tell me. I found out through my stepdad the next day.

For the record, my sister has a history of speaking to me harshly. Speaking to mom harshly, speaking to random people by screaming or complaining all the time. My whole extended family sees this. Yet there are people who never say anything. Because my husband said something, it makes is 100x worse. I was supposed to be the courageous one. Yet when I try to set those boundaries, it's unreasonable or it wasn't their fault.

I do a lot for her. I do a lot for my mom. It's always expected that I be the perfect one. I lived with my sister for years after college, and helped raise my nieces. To this day, I still have a relationship with them. The eldest I can't tell if she sees me differently. The youngest still cares about me.

Even through all of this, my mom and sister see me as even more immature. Even more stupid, even more incapable. my mom even demanded my husband and I apologize and ask for forgiveness from my sister. My husband refuses. I'm torn.
rukspc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Rose76