LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2024 at 06:23 PM

Dear T,

Please be kind in your reply. I opted to just look for reassurance--it should be pretty straightforward, like just what you said today without seeming like you were forced to say it under duress. I'm not trying to continue some sort of standoff, whatever this is.

I'm scared this could be the end of our relationship. I wish you could understand that what feels like control to you feels like safety/survival for me. Is a child crying because they're scared controlling to you? Well, perhaps you'd think so.

Yes, I know I'm not a child, but this is not coming from the rational, adult part of me. Even you said earlier this week that this seems to be paternal transference. Not sure what shifted so far in the wrong direction today when it seemed more OK then. Though honestly, you seemed a bit weird from when I walked in today, just your general body language. Maybe something else is going on unrelated to me that's put you on edge. Like the mold and now-fading illness are doing for me. And why were you wearing a shirt with your name on the back? That was a bit odd, too.

Love,
LT
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote