MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,052 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2024 at 06:57 PM

I still don't know what more I can do.

I've applied for city, state, and federal section 8, public housing, transitional housing, residential housing for those with chronic mental illness/bridge grant, group homes, and section 811. I don't know if there's anything else I should've applied for, but the waitlist for these programs are ridiculously long.

I think I just need to get to finding a roommate to split costs with and magically being able to hold down a full time job currently hiring criminals with a spotty work record that's consistently giving me 40+hours a week that I can actually handle showing up for every day every week. If I live alone I'd have to get at least a $32.29/hr salary (from Living Wage Calculator
- Living Wage Calculation for New Hampshire
) Roommate will get that down to $16.15/hr, so I have to find someone who actually would live with me because obviously there are no $32.39/hr jobs I can get. They'd have to offer some pretty damn good health insurance too and be okay with me not being the most consistent person ever because we all know my unstable *** with shyt physical health is going to be in the hospital 5-10 weeks out of the year.

I seriously lack in being able to figure out the world of living. I just want to not be couch hopping and wandering the streets anymore.

Yeah, I know I should start with volunteering and jobs that will hire literally anyone (aka the minimum or close to minimum wage PT jobs) first, but I'd also lose my SSDI when I do that (I'm making the assumption I'd screw up one of the tiny details of TTW that they hide), so I'd temporarily go from getting $900/mo that I'm trying to force into actually getting to around $600-900/mo depending on how many shifts are available.

Again, just want roof, food, water without being a food-stealing lump on someone else's couch. Seriously, what am I not doing that I should be doing?