Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2024 at 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
This also reminds me of my own issue of trying to be small. For me, if I'm small enough, maybe then they'd accept me. I personally do this ALL the time.

Your smaller fish reminded me of that. Does it feel like If it's just small enough, maybe then he'll let it/me stay? I know you're trying so hard to work things out. AND I wish/hope there are times where you can know that you are enough exactly the way you are.
Yes, exactly. I even said something about something the size of a grain of rice. It feels like if he won't even accept something tiny from me, it's about me, not the item.

Oh, and I didn't share this part. He actually said, "Do you think it's appropriate to ask someone to put something of yours in their space?" The use of "appropriate" really bothered me. I said, "Well, if I didn't think it was appropriate, I wouldn't have asked." I eventually asked if he thought it was appropriate, and I'm not sure he answered? Like, he seemed fine with it before and recognized it as a "gift for the office" when I initially gave it to him a year and a half ago (as opposed to something for him to take home).

And thanks for this, Scarlet: "AND I wish/hope there are times where you can know that you are enough exactly the way you are."
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel