Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2024 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
I think I get the wanting to have some part of you there. I don’t really feel that myself, with any place, but I feel that way about wanting to have some part of my mother with me always. (It’s the second anniversary of her death today.)

Possible trigger:

And reading your posts, I don’t know it’s so much that you want something of you in that space as that you want Dr T to want something of you in that space. For you to matter to him like my mother mattered to me.
Hugs to you, @@.

Possible trigger:

I think you're exactly right. And part of what I said about the fish in one of the discussions is that I want him to want to take it with him, to find a spot for it. To think, "this matters to LT, so I'll take it, because she matters to me." (I don't think I phrased it quite like that.) But yes, I think even more than that is wishing he would want it there because he likes having me in his office, wants a part of me there that reminds him of me. So that's likely part of why this is so painful.

He wants to decorate his office as he sees fit, and that may not include something that represents me. I don't know that I can bring this up to him, as his response may just make it very clear how little I truly mean to him. It may simply be that he doesn't assign the same value to objects that I (and apparently you, and your mother) do. He may just not be sentimental in that way, so doesn't get the meaning. Or maybe other objects in there have lots of meaning for him (due to their origin), but mine doesn't.
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket