View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,164 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2024 at 07:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. I feel like I'm in the same position as you are. My health is OK for now but it's not perfect like it used to be. I'm thankful for it, but I feel that it can all change in a day. I had prostate cancer about ten years ago and I was surprised to get that diagnosis as I didn't feel like anything was wrong. I had surgery and recovered. That process lasted lasted a few months but it was a dark period in my life. And since I had the surgery, it hasn't been the same as I've had to have some side effects and taking medications for it.

I've never been married and no kids. At least you have a husband. I know he may not be much of anything but at least it's more than what many others around your age have. I have a brother and sister but I don't hear much from them. My brother would rather not have any contact and my sister is bogged down with busyness and she seems to have some health issues. I don't have any good friends except for one who was an old college friend and he lives over 3000 miles from me.

It's a wonder I have any kind of positive feelings left in me. It gets more difficult being older with health challenges and losing wonderful people in your life from the past. I don't have any suggestions for you. I've done things that have been suggested for me to make my life better and nothing worked, so it makes it difficult. Best to you.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Calla lily12

Thanks for this!
nonightowl