Thread: High sex drive?
View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2024 at 07:51 PM

I had a high sex drive at baseline but when hypomanic/manic, of course it went into, no pun intended, overdrive. It is part of the whole hypomania thing: more creative, more artistic, hypersexual, more expansive, more talkative (for me it is writing though, actual writing or stories writhing themselves in my head and not talking out loud).

As someone who has seen the opposite of it, and has had anorgasmia for extended periods of time, both as a result of severe emotional relational abuse and as a result of meds (Risperdal killed it entirely and even killed vaginal lubrication for me and Latuda was not as bad but still flattened me), I would say, try to find a way to see it as a blessing that comes with this disease. Try to enjoy and cherish it while you have it.

On Haldol, were you at baseline in terms of the sex drive or was it completely gone? And forgive me as I do not recall, why did you go off Haldol? Was it a medical decision or did you run of meds and do not have a treatment team now that would prescribe a refill?

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote