View Single Post
RDMercer
Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
62 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2024 at 06:59 AM

There was no school on Friday so my daughter went for a sleepover Thursday night and stayed until I got her after work on Friday

I went to a friends retirement dinner after work Friday and got home about 8pm

My oldest came home for the weekend from the base. We all hung out and watched movies and played video games until midnight Friday

Saturday morning we met up with some friends. I know a stone mason that was closing his business and discarding all his leftover products including hand carved products, custom benches, small decorative pieces or whatever. We loaded up a ton of cool stuff and then stayed for a couple of hours to help him pack and clean up his shop

We were home by mid afternoon. Me and DD cleaned the house and the kid’s boyfriends and girlfriends arrived.

I went to the neighbors for coffee in the afternoon and made plans to have guests

Went home and cooked for all the kids in my house

Four of my friends came over and another of the kids friends

One couple arrived with BBQ, another with a plate of appetizers just an hour after we’d all eaten…. So we all ate again! Those couples didn’t know each other but you’d think they planned this.

Then it was music and laughter and board games until almost midnight. All the youths took part in all the card games and board games with us old folks.

It’s unreal how much fits into a weekend now! It’s unreal how easy it is!
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, Open Eyes, seesaw, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes, unaluna