View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2024 at 07:10 AM

Last week, I signed up for Ticket-to-Work through the Social Security Administration. My youngest son turns 18 this month, and my income will change. I need to at least work part-time. I am happy to report that my new HAE injection treatments seem to be working. My HAE attacks have slowed down a lot. I received hospital bills from my last few HAE attacks. Working will help me get them paid off.

I have an assigned vocational case manager. We had a phone conversation this week and discussed resumes. I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety over how to explain the gap in my employment history. My case manager explained that I should list volunteer work and explain during interviews that I took time off to raise a family. My kids are all grown, and I am returning to work. Being disabled is very hard, and I understand that it varies greatly from person to person, depending on the type of disability (disabilities) in addition to the severity.

I have a very close relationship with my youngest son, and that’s mainly because I started receiving SSDI when he was in fourth grade. He’s a senior in high school, and I still take him to school and pick him up. I have been able to attend all his school events, band concerts, band competitions, open house events, and parent-teacher conferences. I participated in school carnivals, bake sales, and helped chaperone events. I dropped him off and picked up him and his classmates.

I found a few articles that discuss returning to the workforce. I hope others find the articles helpful too.

•Stay-at-home-mom valuable transferable skills.

Just a moment...

•Finding a job/reentering the workforce after being a stay-at-home-mom.

Just a moment...

•Finding a job/reentering the workforce after a long absence.

Just a moment...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote