View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default May 05, 2024 at 10:44 AM

I spent a couple of hours on the Barbara Sher Zoom conference. (a conflict - I didn't stay for the whole thing.) A couple of people from the Boards were there - Lyndon and Karen Lu. ( probably misspelled her last name.) Probably others that I didn't recognize.
BarbaraSher.com is mostly about on-line book clubs, Hanging Out, and on-line workshops now. The focus was how to bring Barbara 's message to the world. It was boring at first and then got interesting. I mentioned the Boards, and that three of us were still meeting online.
We thought that we should be reaching out to the younger crowd - under forty. Patty asked how many of us were under forty. Three out of forty-one raised their hands. We all talked about modernizing the look, and having a main page and having all the activities available from there. One of the younger three talked about Instagram, Tic Tock YouTube and other sites more popular with the younger crowd. I was interesting in this re promoting my books.
They talked about rebuilding the Boards. Yay! But don't hold your breath.
And we all thought that the most important thing we got from Barbara was the importance of a supportive community.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote