View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2024 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePegGuy View Post
I'm sorry that you had an upsetting interview experience!

There are some "standard" job interview questions that can be asked of anyone. "What's your greatest weakness?" is number four of the top ten most common according to Coursera.
What information is sought after? Obviously it is personality traits and intelligence, but there has to be more. How does this info predict the success of a candidate? So many people walk away from jobs shortly after getting hired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePegGuy View Post
For a few years I was on an interview team. I got to experience the other side of the interview. I found it nerve-wracking because I had to discuss what I thought of the candidate afterwards. Usually we ask the candidate to clarify some aspect of their resume. But occasionally we'd revert to one of the common questions. I'd usually ask, "Where do you see yourself in five years?"
Are there any truthful answers?

They did not even look at my resume at all. I was asked nothing about my career change and why I want to work at that organization, which sent the message that they already selected people. I along with one other person were just there to make the process appear legal.

I feel so used. I wish I saw it coming.

This may be my opportunity to start my own business, so I don't have to endure this fake process and BS.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated