View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,933 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2024 at 06:02 PM

Did you do it by yourself (like with a book or by finding resources online or what?), with a group, or in individual therapy?

I tried doing it by myself from some packets I got from my old T that skimmed over, but my prefrontal cortex wasn't exactly the bus driver at the time, I got frustrated when I read them, tried the skills, and didn't magically gain a sense of agency (or even a will to live for more than a day). That T said most therapists in our CMHCs and local hospitals don't know how to provide DBT which is why I never was really introduced to it beyond being preached undefined mindfulness. She knew quite a bit, but she was top dog T at the CMHC working with the SMI/DD clients so she really did know her shyt as she was required to.

I don't know if they've placed me with a decent DBT knowledgeable SMI/DD therapist here, and if they didn't I'd be passed along again once I say "would like DBT" or at some point, worst case scenario after I start trusting her and telling her the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, they feel the need to label me as "treatment-resistant," AKA "hopeless." So I am terrified of proceeding with this appointment. Especially considering my case manager BLEW ME OFF today.

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, unaluna