View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default May 07, 2024 at 04:58 AM

Jimi moves around when I sleep. He must meet the dog then and is OK with that. Is just not OK with people. It's like he is not here. If I find him in daytime I pet him, shortly. And he accepts it. He won't take treats or play. I have asked around, and no one has had a cat this shy. My friend says he isn't scared per se, he is just not used to people. I so wish I could afford another cat to keep him company. I'm glad I bought him, I think most would not have accepted a cat like this, but he is fine by me. Of course I wish he would be cuddly, but taking it step by step slowly. I try to remember that he was actually starving himself to death, and now he eats normally. So he has improved a lot. I'm still a little mad at the old owner, yea I understand that their life had a bad turn, but not socializing the kittens at all... that is not OK. I also hope she got to sell the rest of the two litters, those cats were less shy but really shy compared to normal cats, because she had to move and only keep three cats. I hope no cats had to be put down.

Hugs from:
TheGal, Travelinglady, unaluna