View Single Post
mar dhea
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2022
811 hugs
given
Default May 08, 2024 at 08:22 AM

You'd have to see a doc first of course but mood stabilizing medication might be helpful as well. Or maybe some other medication/s. You'd need to be properly assessed by a psy doc and if it becomes apparent you might benefit from that direction, then at a tryout is worth the time and effort. May take a few months to adjust doses and such but a few months compared to a lifetime isn't much time lost. You're not obliged to take meds if they suggest them but they've helped change a lot of lives. That's a good thought to realize. They really have the potential to help.

In seeing a proper psychiatrist or psychologist, at least you'd have a professional opinion of what the problem/s could be and you could think about it all with a much more informed point of view. Some of your experience seems very familiar to me. I've felt like a zoo stuck on a roller coaster myself. A general practitioner will help you too but I think it's best to go with the pros if you can. It's their field and they're pretty familiar with it.
mar dhea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote