View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
Default May 10, 2024 at 12:29 PM

I finally found a job! Unfortunately it’s a p/t one but the hours are set.

The problem is that the attendance policy is very strict. I can only call in sick 15 days in one year.

Each time I’ll need to provide a doctors note. Also, I tried to change my orientation date & the manager who I contacyed got upset & implied that they’d find someone else to replace me if I can’t start right away.

He said that he had to resubmit my driving record & he was obviously irritated as he used my last name instead of my first name to address me.

He ignored my last email. He asked me to cancel the rescheduled orientation & I said that I couldn’t & I asked him how to do that.

I knew that he was already unprofessional as he flaked on our first Zoom interview. I emailed him to see what happened & he apologized for things.. He said that he was busy moving.

I scheduled an interview with another manager. I don’t know if he’ll be my supervisor or not.

Also, I’m upset that this disabled guy who was going to supposedly hire me to come over one day a week to help him type letters blocked me.

He was playing games with me as he kept telling me to call him back as he wasn’t sure of his schedule yet.

He told me to call him today & he clearly stated that he’d have me come over for 2 hours but that I woukd need to call him before I come over as it takes him a long time to get ready.

I’m upset at being lied to. Why couldn’t he have just told me that he found someone else or just not take my calls instead offering me lame excuses?

Why do some employers treat potential employees insuch a rude & disrespectful manner? It’s extremely unprofessional behavior.

Idk if I’ll be able to handle this new job if this is what they’re attitude is going to be like. I wish that I wasn’t so desperate for money.

Has anyone else bern treated like garbage & dismissed by potential or current employers too?

Last edited by jesyka; May 10, 2024 at 12:47 PM..
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote