View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2024 at 08:26 PM

I’ve had issues with anxiety & getting panic atyacks for years . My first one occurred at around age 20 & -about 30 years later I thought they finally disappeared for good.

I used to get them often in my 20’s & sometimes in my 30’s too. I recently had 3 panic attacks to where I was visibly nervous at one interview.

It was so bad that I’m sure that the guy there noticed something was off as he asked me if I had a medical condition. Ugh.

I felt like running away but I stayed & finished the interview. It was torture! I hsd this happen breifly on a Zoom interview too.

The first guy wasn’t even intimidating. He was nice & easy going. It was inside his house for a housekeeoer position though.

I tend to get triggered during interviews or situations to where I think I’m being judged. Parties & social events to where I’m expected to socialize with people trigger me too, so I avoid them.

I’m fine with being in crowds like a concert. It hrlps that I often use liquid courage to cope with the crowds to, but I don’t drink & drive.

I stopped taking my anti anxiety & depression meds months ago as I felt they weren’t helping me at all.

I started taking Ashwanganda instead.. Is it possible that I might’ve been going through withdrawal, or was it because I was triggered?

I’ve been more stressed about finances lately & hardly anyone is calling me back for an interview.

Needless to say, I didn’t get the job. What is wrong with me?

I didn’t have a single panic attack for years & now this! Weird! I can actually be fairly calm during most interviews which is weird.

What can I do to prevent future panic attacks?
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, nonightowl, TheGal