View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
76 hugs
given
Default May 11, 2024 at 08:00 AM

Do you have an actual written job offer, with a specific start date? Because from my perspective if I don't have that, then I don't have the job. Asking you to coordinate your own orientation is just weird to me.

I've had a couple of potential jobs, be weird with me, and jerk me around like it sounds they are doing with you. In one case it was a question of the interviewer not having the actual authority to hire anyone and in the other the interview was uncomfortable with my request for flexible work hours but just didn't want to tell me that.

I get how stressful it is when we're desperate for work, but honestly if you don't have an offer letter, I'd simply get in touch with whoever offered you the job verbally, and say you're waiting for an offer letter spelling out salary and start date. If you get it great, if you don't get it, then you know they're not professional and you've probably dodged a bullet.

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote