jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
Default May 11, 2024 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
Do you have an actual written job offer, with a specific start date? Because from my perspective if I don't have that, then I don't have the job. Asking you to coordinate your own orientation is just weird to me.

I've had a couple of potential jobs, be weird with me, and jerk me around like it sounds they are doing with you. In one case it was a question of the interviewer not having the actual authority to hire anyone and in the other the interview was uncomfortable with my request for flexible work hours but just didn't want to tell me that.

I get how stressful it is when we're desperate for work, but honestly if you don't have an offer letter, I'd simply get in touch with whoever offered you the job verbally, and say you're waiting for an offer letter spelling out salary and start date. If you get it great, if you don't get it, then you know they're not professional and you've probably dodged a bullet.
Sorry to hear about your past negative experiences. I actually did get an official offer. I signed a ton of paperwork & the salary was in writing too.

The manager confirmed my orientation date. Nit the weird guy, but another manager. That manager never returned my call.

I had to contact customer service & then he finally emailed me & asked me for my d.l, s.s & passport. I already submitted that info but I submitted everything again.

They seem quite disorganized there or they just don’t care about the employees.

Hopefully I won’t need to chase down the managers everytime I need to get in touch with them.

I wouldn’t have accepted this job if I wasn’t desperate for money, ugh. No one else wanted to hire me. They’re short staffed so I got lucky in a way.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote