View Single Post
Kathleen83

Member Since Nov 2011
96 hugs
given
Default May 12, 2024 at 09:04 PM

SquarePegGuy - how do you manage to do that? Pulling back? I've been trying to do that for a while, but it's still not really working out for me. Today, perfect example. Instead of getting up and saying "what do you want for breakfast?" I left him to it. I hung out, chit chatted a bit, then went outside and worked in the yard pretty much all day. I come in around 8 pm, to find him sitting at the table looking like he could keel over any minute. At this point, I'm hot, and grungy, and exhausted, and figure out he has eaten NOTHING all day. Heck, I've not eaten all day either. I am so full of bitterness and resentment at the moment. What had been a good day went to hell in about 10 minutes. I'm now at war with myself. Half of me is saying just accept that he will not lift a finger to feed himself, and plan on being here every day, and fix him something to eat every morning, every night, despite his complaining about not wanting to eat. Raise hell with him until he does eat. The other half of me is saying no. Step back. Stop doing that. He CAN eat. So if he chooses to NOT fix something for himself, so be it. He's all ready 40 pounds underweight. How much longer really will it be before he dies from starvation? Why is it on my shoulders to try to prevent that when he's fighting me every step of the way anyway?

Dissociation

Kathleen83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote