LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2024 at 12:50 PM

Backtracked, yet AGAIN.

This time I am not going to beat myself up about it. It was a very emotional Mother's Day. I sent Giovanni's mom flowers, and she called me to give me an update on his situation. Apparently, he will be leaving the hospital in two weeks to go to another community residence. God be with him as she hopes as well as I do, that he does the right thing, even though his track record shows the complete opposite.

I had such an urge to call today so I did. I wanted to wish him well and let him know that I still care. I wanted the closure that I didn't get last month with that horrible last phone call we had. He sounded really sad but was really happy to hear from me. I think we are both at a place of acceptance now. He can't contact me, and that was the whole point. I am still deep in my heartache, but I am not going to beat myself up about reaching out, because I felt the need to.

Only time will tell how things will turn out, but for now, I can close that chapter at least for today.

Hugs from:
Bill3, eskielover, Rose76, unaluna