View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
56.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2024 at 09:35 PM

I was a residential advisor in a supportive apartment for the blind and deft blind. We didn’t do anything for the tenants. We taught them how to do things for themselves. Like cleaning their place and cooking. We did drive them once a week for food shopping. Help them keep their money folded properly for different denominations, read them their bills and helped them budget . Most of the young ones worked. There was one 70 year old who still worked one day a week because she didn’t want to completely quit, she was both blind and deaf. Because I knew sign language I was her main worker. Some were young and working on being fully independent and getting their own place others were older and this was a stop before a nursing home. All were single except for one couple.

Have you looked into hud housing for the disabled. That’s more independent but based on income.

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna