Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,050 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry May 15, 2024 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip: But this morning I found out that, down the street from me, they will be tearing down a couple of businesses and will put up a 20-story high rise apartments. I recently signed a lease for a whole year, not knowing that these things would happen, and now I'm going to be stuck with madness for a whole year.
I hear you, as usual. Around here they are putting up high end high rises as fast as the tents are going up, simultaneously. I feel the whole country is in the toilet, not just big cities. We too (not me personally) protested the monstrosities going up but they just want to make money. It's not THEIR life being upended with more parking problems and noise from construction. Even my view is blocked when turning right, since all the construction trucks and SUV's are parked along that street. I literally can't see if a car is coming unless I pull out far enough that I'd get hit! So I have to go out of my way.

They are still doing roadwork on my block and the next, with the no parking signs still up, 9-4 weekdays. Some people are parking there anyway and getting ticketed. If I had to park on the street I'd be BLOCKS away.

I never did get emotional comfort from my "family" and got scorned for having emotions at all. I only just found out after decades, that they didn't have the ability to manage or feel emotions, even their own.

Here I'm still "waiting" for the development to happen a couple of blocks from me, after 4 years of that property sitting vacant. The longer it just sits, the more graffiti, vandalism and tents appear. I won't even walk on that side of the street now, going out of my way because it's too scary to get that close. I get a "lovely view" of it from my gym on the third floor.

Another disruption is my upstairs neighbor getting up early the last few days (he usually doesn't) and he has a guest also. So I'm getting noise during the few times I have quiet. And it will last an unknown number of days. Uncertainty, change, and disruption: My "favorite" things. Now I don't know when I'll get enough quiet to watch my TV shows. I might as well drop some channels since I can't watch anything in this building.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Last edited by nonightowl; May 15, 2024 at 11:46 AM..

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19