Member Since Nov 2017
352 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2024 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueowl View Post
Contact your patient advocate.

If that does not work, try The Joint Commission: Report a Patient Safety Concern or File a Complaint | The Joint Commission
I receive mental health therapy through the same system. I scheduled an emergency session with my therapist about what was going on. She got in touch with her manager, who told me how to do exactly that. I had told my diabetes care team that I would give them a week before filing a discrimination complaint, and a week would have been this coming Tuesday, so I will be fair and at least wait until then. But the manager may have been able to light some fires under some butts. I got a call later from a nurse, telling me the prior authorization has finally been requested and received by the pharmacy, and has a 99% chance of approval within 3 to 5 days.

Well, I'm not getting excited yet. A 99% chance is not a 100% guarantee, and besides, I heard "within 3 to 5 days" two weeks ago. I'll believe it when I see it. Right now I don't trust these people as far as I can throw an elephant.

I don't like what a shrieking shrew I had to turn into to get the ball even started rolling. My husband can simply ask for what he needs. I can ask and ask and ask and ask, and nothing's going to be done until I'm absolutely losing my last marble. I'm going to talk about that in my next session.

I work in health care myself. Sometimes I think I wouldn't want to have me for a patient. But then, I don't think I'd ignore my residents until they're screaming, either.
Albatross2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blueowl, Discombobulated, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated