View Single Post
xRavenx
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2016
8,137 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2024 at 11:12 AM

Although my job often focuses more on working independently, we have hour and a half meetings where there is expected participation, and there were a couple of work parties recently, although rare.

At my previous job, I felt that I belonged more, but I have been here 5 years and feel very isolated. I have a hard time communicating in groups, but I enjoy making connections with people individually. I understand that some people might mistaken my quiet nature as indifference and unfriendliness when really it is a combination of having both social anxiety and being on the introverted side. I guess I feel stuck and as if people have made their mind up about me, but I can't help but also feel like the place is not a very friendly atmosphere, and it feels like there is a clique. I really have tried to make an effort, even in my own small way recently, but it has not gotten me that far.

I'm wondering if anyone can relate to being more on the quiet side at work and how to cope with social or "group" situations?

Thank you.

Thanks for this!
DeeeSchmeee68