MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,242 hugs
given
Default May 18, 2024 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June08 View Post
I got the letter from CVS explaining why my insurance denied the med my pcp prescribed. I didn't even think of this until my pcp had told me the med had to be pre-approved. It has to be pre-approved because my insurance plan (which comes from my job at a Christian school) only covers meds that are considered birth control for very specific conditions. My pcp coded it as needed for PMS, which makes sense since I'm sure there isn't a code she could send in saying the med would be used to manage bipolar symptoms. But, PMS symptoms is not one of the accepted reasons by my insurance plan.

This bites. How is it that insurance companies are allowed to have so much control over someone's life solely based on codes doctors send in!?

I know risperidone can mess with hormones. Maybe, I'll get lucky and my overly sensitive to medications body will allow risperidone to mess with my hormones in a way that will end up working in my favor...
Man, is there anything your insurance would cover BC for? I have PMDD and I think without mine I’d be institutionalized (and/or pregnant at that).

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow