View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
10.1k hugs
given
Default May 18, 2024 at 06:43 PM

So, this has been an interesting week. I haven't called Giovanni again or reached out to his mother. I have decided to completely shut the door there. I won't be reaching out. You're right @Rive. getting updates isn't helpful at all - in fact it was that update that provoked me to call him up at the hospital in the first place.

My aunt used to use a crass saying that I have heard before: "the only way to get over a man is to get underneath another one." LOL. Where I am not going that extreme with her advice I have made a huge leap forward in that direction.

I met someone. Well, I know someone in my life that has recently become more than a friend. It was totally unexpected and out of left field. I have been battling with guilty feelings over moving on, but it has been 6 months already. I honestly wanted to give myself a year to wait for another relationship, and I don't it to be a rebound situation, so I have been being very cautious. My good friend said not to swear off men completely, but keep your heart open to new possibilities, then BAM the same night things start to evolve this new guy. God works in very mysterious ways, and it is in His timing, so I am going to trust my instinct and go for it. I just being very careful about it.

As guilty as I feel and as much as I am battling with it, it has been very good to feel real feelings for someone again.

Hugs from:
Rose76