View Single Post
Brown Owl 2

Member Since Sep 2020
9 hugs
given
Default May 19, 2024 at 01:40 AM

I initially thought this new T was the best I’d ever had. However had a terrible session last week. I felt awful afterwards, it triggered my ancient feelings of shame. I don’t know what percentage of time the T talked for, it could be as much as 75 or 80%. It was all psychowaffle. But included reflections on the damage of my childhood emotional neglect. She didn’t put it in those words. I tried to stop her a couple of times, and introduced the subject that I wanted to talk about, but she somehow carried on. The immediate impact on me is that I feel suddenly less confident (it goes with the shame). Also it feels harder to contemplate talking to her about difficult stuff. It’s hard to now wait a week to see her again, not knowing how she will respond when I try to say something to her about it. She seems adaptable and responsive. I’m trying to find the best way to talk to her about this that will get the best out of her. One of my immediate thoughts after the session was that I’d wasted my money. I find therapists always think they need to be doing some greater task than ‘simply’ listening to and responding to the things a client brings. I think that that seemingly simple task seems virtually impossible for a T.
Brown Owl 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, FloatThruThis, LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
East17