View Single Post
InkyBooky

Member Since Sep 2018
225 hugs
given
Default May 21, 2024 at 07:34 AM

It doesn't necessarily sound like she missed anything per se. Everyone will have different reactions to hearing about this sort of thing. For example, I did experience CSA for almost a decade as a child, but my reaction to hearing about abuse now (or seeing it on TV or movies) is not like your reaction. In fact, for me it can vary from having zero reaction to just feeling sort of numb and blank. I usually don't feel anything in my body whatsoever. On the other hand, my partner (who was not abused) does have strong body reactions to hearing or reading about abuse or violence. That's just to say that everyone is different and you cannot extrapolate that a person was or was not abused from this kind of information alone.

But if you think there's more to this then you should definitely try to let your therapist know. Therapists are just regular people, not mind readers. If you believe you may have been abused then you should tell her that. Even if you just want to talk about how it makes you feel to read about abuse- see if you can tell her that. You don't have to have all the answers first. Therapy should be a place for you to explore this kind of thing and understand your own reactions and feelings.

Last edited by InkyBooky; May 21, 2024 at 08:47 AM..
InkyBooky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Raven1976