View Single Post
raspberrytorte
Insert Smiley Face

Member Since Mar 2015
5,432 hugs
given
Default May 21, 2024 at 10:27 AM

Yes. I OD'd on benadryl and woke up in the ICU with zero memory of what happened and without my contacts in so I couldn't see anything, with a breathing tube stuck down my throat. I couldn't talk. And none of the nurses would tell me what happened! Then, while still in the ICU (and unable to see anything), I was convinced that one of the night nurses was going to murder me if I fell asleep (this was five days completely off all my meds).

THEN because I was without my meds I was having really vivid nightmares when I DID fall asleep, and once I was finally in the psych ward it was STILL three days before they put me back on my meds, so I was med withdrawing AND having nightmares AND anxious and sick. The hospital I was at allowed all patients .5mg of lorazepam to take every four hours as needed, and other patients took pity on me and asked if I could at least take that (I was withdrawing from 40mg of diazepam) and the nurse just snapped, "No! She had a very serious drug overdose!"

Seriously. I think the only reason why I finally saw the IP doctor and was put back on my meds is because my case manager came to visit me and got pissed I wasn't on any of them.

THEN because of the breathing tube I developed a horrible lung infection and had to be put on antibiotics and I spent two nights in the hospital hacking up a lung.

It was just terrible. I've never felt more dejected 😔.

To this day I'm afraid to fall asleep with the lights off. I'm afraid I'll wake up with that stupid breathing tube stuck down my throat if I do.

And it all could have been avoided if the stupid woman on the crisis line hadn't blown me off.

Last edited by raspberrytorte; May 21, 2024 at 11:16 AM..
raspberrytorte is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blueberrybook, JaneOnceMore