View Single Post
Biba_yu

Member Since Apr 2016
48 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2024 at 03:02 PM

I was prescribed Rivotril (Clonazepam, known also as Klonopin) maybe a year ago, by neurologist, for severe anxiety. But I think now I have a lot of problems due to this medication. I took much less than I was subscribed. I was supposed to take 1mg twice a day, like 2mg pill a day, and I was taking only a quorter of pill a day, so 1/2 mg, in the evening, because it makes me drowsy and I fall asleep.
After months of use I feel different, not good at all. I became antisocial, sad, often angry and sad, I feel depressed, and when I am not sleeping under the dose, I feel even more anxious than ever before.
I also have physical problems, don't know if this is related to the drug but I sneeze a lot, all the time, and I am not sick, I have stomach issues, muscle and bone pain, trouble exercising, and lately my muscles are twitching especially on face and feet.
I found some researches that show that Klonopin can cause dementia, brain shrinking, and even Alzheimer disease! It's scary! Why doctors prescribe that?
Once years ago, I was trying to quit benzos on my own and it was HELL! And I was on much smaller doses for shorter time. I can't even describe the hell I went through and I was much younger and stronger back then.
I don't know what to do. Doctors are totally useless. Please, don't get offended but those I met just are.
Biba_yu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote