View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.2k hugs
given
Default May 22, 2024 at 07:03 PM

So, it's occurring to me that maybe part of why the Dr. T couch thing is hitting me so hard is that just before the session, I realized my car had been gone through overnight, about 15 feet from my house (parking lot--townhouse without a driveway), presumably because I accidentally left the door unlocked. Like, someone went in, went through my glove box and the center console storage thing (stuff was on the seat that's normally in there), presumably looking for money or drugs or something. They may have gotten a few quarters, but I don't keep any other cash in the car. Not aware of anything being stolen. But I still felt violated.

In response, Dr. T shared a story of his car being stolen years ago. And it being recovered, but the thieves having chewed his gum and thrown it in the back, along with chicken wing bones. Which felt disrespectful. He said that bothered him more than the theft. (See: example of helpful disclosure.)

Anyway, it struck me just now that two safe spaces for me--my car and Dr. T's office--are changing or were violated. Plus the mold in my house we remediated recently. Like, is any place safe anymore? But maybe that's why I'm reacting so strongly. It's helping me to understand it that way (and keeping me from sending an email to Dr. T where I'm just rambling about a couch). Like, this is a natural reaction to all of those things. I can just cry and get it out. Write about it here and maybe for the memoir. Maybe listen to some music in a bit. I'll be OK. (And don't need to contact him.)

Progress. (I'm making that statement,not a question as I normally would have.)
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, InkyBooky, unaluna