View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,673 hugs
given
Default May 22, 2024 at 08:40 PM

I got through what I thought was going to be a really hard doctor's appointment in good shape. I've been hovering around a diabetic/pre-diabetic fasting sugar with a normal A1C for over a year. 6 months ago my doctor told me that unless my fasting sugar went down I was going to have to go to diabetic at this appointment. I got the results last week and I was at the exact same sugar level. So I have spent the last week feeling sad that I was going to get that diagnosis today.

Instead he said that while I am probably diabetic (I'm on metformin for clozaril weight so that covers some of it) he's ok with continuing at pre-diabetic as long as I stay where I am. I think the unspoken part was "and continue losing weight" which is the plan anyway. So I still get to eat the way I have been eating which is healthy but allows room for treats and healthy carbs.

I am SO relieved. Maybe in 6 months I can lose another 5-10 lbs and that might get my sugar down to normal. Maybe that's unrealistic but it's something to aim for.

Hugs from:
bizi, Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, June08, LadyShadow, Mountaindewed, MuddyBoots, raspberrytorte