Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default May 24, 2024 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive. View Post
There's nothing wrong with you.

And also, you are allowed to go with an open-ended ticket. This is something you want to do (and why should other people's insecurities or issues prevent you from doing what *you* want) and frankly, this is no one else's business. I would suggest *not* staying at their place. Find your own accommodation and do as you please.

As for things going sour, you cannot control other people's reactions. Go with your desire for peace and closeness. IF others react or start drama, you do not have to play that game. Retreat and do your thing.
I just wander why do you think it’s not host’s business to know when house guests are leaving the house or why is it an issue or insecurity to know when your guest room will be available if you have other guests visiting, how much groceries to buy, when you can plan your own vacation, how many days you need to take off work, what and how many tickets to buy to what events for your guests, will they need a car or transportation etc etc

Knowing when the house guest leaving: tomorrow or a week from now or two months or never is very much hosts’ business.

Now of course if the person stays in a hotel and only sees hosts on occasion it’s different, but it’s not what Rose said and even then people might need to know “ could they themselves leave town in two weeks going on their own vacation or should they still be available for their guests?”

We have a lot of family out of town and in other countries and there’s always someone coming or going. I’ve never heard of no return ticket unless it’s a special circumstance like traveling for medical treatment or traveling to provide medical care for a relative. If it’s a vacation leisurely visit, people always know when the house guests arrive and leave so everyone could have the best time.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76