View Single Post
Rive.
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2013
Default May 24, 2024 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I just wander why do you think it’s not host’s business to know when house guests are leaving the house or why is it an issue or insecurity to know when your guest room will be available if you have other guests visiting, how much groceries to buy, when you can plan your own vacation, how many days you need to take off work, what and how many tickets to buy to what events for your guests, will they need a car or transportation etc etc

Knowing when the house guest leaving: tomorrow or a week from now or two months or never is very much hosts’ business.

Now of course if the person stays in a hotel and only sees hosts on occasion it’s different, but it’s not what Rose said and even then people might need to know “ could they themselves leave town in two weeks going on their own vacation or should they still be available for their guests?”

We have a lot of family out of town and in other countries and there’s always someone coming or going. I’ve never heard of no return ticket unless it’s a special circumstance like traveling for medical treatment or traveling to provide medical care for a relative. If it’s a vacation leisurely visit, people always know when the house guests arrive and leave so everyone could have the best time.

Erm, did you actually read what I said?! Nowhere in my post did I suggest staying at somebody else's place indefinitely.

This is what I said:
Quote:
"this is no one else's business. I would suggest *not* staying at their place. Find your own accommodation and do as you please".
The whole premise of my reply was for Rose, who wanted to spend more time away, to make alternative arrangements (of course, if at all possible) in finding her own accommodation and doing as she wants.
Rive. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna