View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.3k hugs
given
Default May 24, 2024 at 03:10 PM

In talking with Dr. T about the move today (now scheduled for last Friday in June), he said I'm probably the client who, overall, has spent the most time in his office, based on how long I've been seeing him and the frequency with which I attend (even taking the Covid virtual stretch into account). Which made me feel kind of special. He said it makes sense I'd be so affected by it.

We also talked about something interesting--of course, we all know I have anxious attachment to people, but he said maybe that applies to places and objects, too. It came up in part from my talking about struggles to get rid of things in my house as we're moving things around (shifting rooms) post mold remediation. But it made a lot of sense. Like, I feel I need to keep an object or be able to go to a space to hold onto the feeling from it. Where if I were securely attached, I could just go with my memories. He suggested taking photos of some objects and that he saw somewhere about people make those photos into a book on Shutterfly or whatever people use now. So you still have a tangible item to look at, but much smaller than keeping a bunch of things. I liked that idea.

I feel like this move (well, I guess both Dr. T's and what's going on at my house), while painful, is leading to lots of good therapy work and insights.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LostOnTheTrail