View Single Post
smileygal

Member Since May 2017
5 hugs
given
Default May 24, 2024 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Owl 2 View Post
This is slightly different to your question, but related to the memory lapse: my former T used to refer to me with my full name (which my mother uses), after about a year I asked her if she’d use a shortened version which I prefer. She never remembered. I reminded her a few times and then let it go. I had to stop seeing her as the sessions left me feeling awful, and looking back, I think that her memory was part of the problem. I now question whether she remembered anything from one session to the next. I wish I’d been more assertive in my sessions with her in challenging her, and probably it would have been better if I’d quit sooner.

This sounds hard. I often think my T also had a bad memory because of the amount of things she forgets. I asked her once if she though she had a good memory after she forgot something pretty big and she said ‘yes’ I think that’s mostly what this is about. I didn’t like the word patient the first time she used it for various reasons but it’s her perogative to call us what she wants . I think it’s more about the fact that I’ve mentioned how I dislike it and all the reasons and yet she continues to forget and call me that.
smileygal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight