View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,443 hugs
given
Default May 25, 2024 at 01:59 AM

Our family tradition is to not show emotion and not be too nice to anyone who does. It only encourages more emotion. That doesn't reflect my own values. I am very emotional. But I've learned to mostly keep it to myself.

I desperately wanted to call someone a few hours ago. I decided that getting rebuffed would just make me feel a lot worse, so not worth the risk.

Yesterday, I went to my appointment with the psychologist. I see him about once a month. Since November, worsening depression has been a problem. Finally, in February, I told my primary care doctor that I wanted a referral for some help. I hadn't asked for help in a few years. They don't seem to take me seriously when I do.

I've been improving, though it feels like slogging my way up a steep hill with a load of rocks on my back. The psychologist said he thinks I'm making progress. Yesterday and today, I slid backwards. I could have stayed okay with some caring support from someone in my family. I wouldn't dare ask for that. They just don't know what that means. Discussing feelings is Verboten. Not that I want to bend anyone's ear for long, boring them with the travails of my recent life. My existence is of no great importance, nor of much interest. I have no delusions to the contrary. It is what I've made it, for better or worse. At least I can come here to MSF to express things and get some response.

So much tiredness goes with feeling this low. All I'm wanting is the bed.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Molinit