nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,148 hugs
given
Angry May 25, 2024 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
I am really looking forward to this weekend. Nothing going on and I'm normally not to crazy about weekends. But this time I am hoping it will be good. This has been "hell" week for me. All kinds of construction noises that seem to be in every direction close by.

The demolition work began across the street and now they're finishing breaking up the foundation, which involves the use of jackhammers. There are periods in the days when it would be very noisy (which I have a very low tolerance for since I'm a HSP) and then quiet. Fortunately it's cool outside so I have my windows closed and muffle out the sounds when I can. But I'd rather not have all of this.

And now there's remodeling work going on at the apartment unit below me. That seems to be worse than the work across the street. Lots of pounding and some power tools being used. And then there's a big house nearby that's being remodeled and making a lot of noise.

I hope there won't be work being done on this three-day weekend. I really need a break from all of this!
I'm not crazy about weekends either, because our media presents it as party time for everyone. Since so many businesses require weekends, it's not time off for everyone. Yet they are still stuck in that mode of thinking. The extra day is torture, so I'll visit someone at the cemetery since I don't have anyone alive to see. I'm glad they are open and traffic should be light at least.

Around here they don't do construction on holidays or holiday weekends, even Saturdays when they normally would. This is why I try to do stuff on Sundays, such as grocery shopping, since that's the only day they don't work. Roadwork is off too. Thank goodness maintenance guys in my building aren't around either, as they work 7 days a week when there's a vacancy (of which we have about every 2 months). But they might be here briefly this morning, as I just saw the gate near the tool shed open. Hope they leave.

I'm also HSP! I didn't know there was such a thing until recently. I hope my upstairs neighbors' guests leave soon. It's been 2 weeks and it feels like 2 months. They are night people, messing up my sleep. And I hear EVERY footstep, every thing that gets dropped on the floor, every cabinet that opens and closes, etc. They have been up early, even before me, so I haven't been getting my quiet mornings for days now. It's also triggering for me, as I have no family left (sibling who threw me under the bus doesn't count) nor friends to visit ME. I keep telling myself it's normal to feel this way, to accept the feeling and not judge it.

Also had a hell week, but the highlights were finally getting my tax refund and getting a smog test for my car. I'm relieved it passed.

I find the sound of jackhammers unbearable, along with leaf blowers and chain saws. So many sounds that make me cover my ears......Makes me wish my hearing wasn't so good. People say "just ignore" the sounds.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."

Last edited by nonightowl; May 25, 2024 at 10:54 AM..
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19