nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,148 hugs
given
Unhappy May 26, 2024 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd rock View Post
snip: I am too old and too far gone to make genuine change possible.

One nurse will tell me something's allowed, then three days later another nurse will tell me it's not. Earlier, nurses allowed me to keep outside food and drink in my room, but just tonight the nurse told me I have to leave it with them and ask every time I want some.
May I ask how old you are? I don't like change and find just the thought of it daunting. I'm 62 but when I was much younger change didn't rattle me too much. I'd think "Oh we're doing it this way now? Well okay." Now it's "Why? What's wrong with the way it's done now?" Tomorrow I'm visiting a friend at the cemetery who hated change as well. I miss him.

Along the lines of different people saying different things, I experience that a lot especially with any "customer service" line, whether from the bank, my health care provider, even the building manager (we've had multiple ones over the years), etc. It's frustrating and I don't know who's right. I've even called a place, then call back minutes later because I know I'll get a different rep. And a different answer. I don't know if it's that they aren't trained well or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip: I make my sauce once a month. After cooking it, I break it up into four's, so that will last me a month.

My hearing is so great that there are times when it's a curse to have it that way. I agree with you about the certain noises that get to you. The worst for me is tree cutting (using chainsaws, of course!) and even worse is the mulching afterwards. Being HSP can be so insane at times.
Boy you sure sound like me. Do you use one portion a week, if it lasts about a month? I make large quantities of things too, then freeze the extras. It saves me work, as all I have to do when ready to eat whatever is defrost. And reheat.

I got my hearing tested years ago and even then my doctor said "You can really hear." I can hear my upstairs neighbor approaching his apartment as soon as he walks down the walkways. I think "Oh no, here he comes."

Last night I was waiting for him to take his loud shower, but he didn't...I couldn't fall asleep for hours because I knew if I drifted off, the water would wake me up. I was thinking "C'mon. Take your shower.'

Later I'll try to grill some steaks hoping not to burn them this time. I'm also sick of hearing "Hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend with "family and friends" from the media. All these people are smiling and waiting in line at the airport. I'm listening to a classical music station with no commercials and no announcements about the LONG WEEKEND. So much stuff about people being with someone, yet I almost stepped on a homeless guy because when I was walking around the corner, it was a "blind corner". I didn't see him until I actually turned the corner. He's right in front of a luxury high-rise they built a few years back. It sure makes a statement, being under the "Now leasing" banner.

Knowing my sensitivity to sounds is just the way I was born is validating. I feel vindicated; I'm not in control of it anymore than I am of my eye color. I'm not being unreasonable or "too sensitive". I agree that hearing well isn't always a good thing. Repetitive sounds of any kind bother me like lawn mowers too. And loud noises at all.....such as fireworks. That crap is getting closer now that June is next week.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19