View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,279 hugs
given
Default May 26, 2024 at 12:20 PM

I haven't tried it. Reading up on it says it's primarily used as a muscle relaxer. It's a GABA agonist so gets more of that in the brain. Chronic alcohol use depletes GABA so it makes sense that Baclofen would decrease cravings. Kinda seems like you're just trading one substance for the other, but it looks like Baclofen is fairly safe so it's seems like it'd be a good substitute for physical dependence (I'm skeptical on the idea of it working for psychological dependence).

I HAVE taken Naltrexone/Revia for alcohol addiction and it works very well at reducing cravings (wouldn't roll around on the floor crying "I NEED IT!") but obviously it's not going to solve the other issues that make you want to drink in the first place (I was still saying "I want to numb myself, black out, not think, and not remember."). Drinking on Naltrexone just prevents you from any good feelings from drinking/the buzz. Drinking on Baclofen, if you try, can actually be very dangerous as both are fairly strong depressants.

I like repeating them just to see if it really is likely cause and effect.
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi