View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,196 hugs
given
Unhappy May 26, 2024 at 03:11 PM

Years ago I tried to start a social group for this group of people, WAY before this forum. Sadly, it never took off and like many social groups on here, it has been dead for years. It is somewhat true in some forums I'm sure, but there are very few I view regularly.

This is definitely similar to support for people who have partners with not a mental illness, but maybe an addiction like drugs or alcohol. The partner or caregiver needs support too, and to be able to talk to people (online or real life) who relate or might have tips.

I don't know about the UK but in the US, caregiver help is very hard to find. It's expensive too, and not everyone qualifies for the government "help". They make it hard to even qualify, let alone actually apply. Nursing homes are understaffed and I hear horror stories all the time. Still, these places cost thousands of dollars a MONTH. Almost everyone would run out of money in no time. We have both a shortage of nurses and caregivers. The latter pays very little for one thing, for such a demanding job.

Sick, sick, sick system as this is an essential thing for people as they age: CARE!

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated