View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,445 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2024 at 02:59 AM

Tuesday went pretty okay for me. I got a few important things done. Now it's after midnight, so it's already Wed. I just have to get to bed soon. I had several weepy spells, but they didn't last too long. I kept turning my attention back to what I had to get done. I did laundry, which felt satisfying. Grief is very unsettling. Still, I know I will find peace one day in the future. I've been through grief before. It's kind of miraculous how we heal. For a period of time, the reality of someone being permanently gone feels unbearable and unacceptable. Somehow the mind and heart do eventually adapt. I've been through this before. So I'm telling myself that how I feel right now is not how I'll always feel. That makes the pain of now more tolerable.

Being alone is what's making this extra-hard right now. Soon I'll be with my sisters and their families. Having people around to talk with will be comforting. I did tell 3 of my neighbors. They were nice. I hope my visit goes well. Family gets-togethers can go sideways, which I'll try very hard to not let happen.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, nonightowl, T4bbyCat