View Single Post
luvyrself
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
Default May 30, 2024 at 05:05 PM

I dont want to suggest something that could be really dangerous for people who dont have decades of experience with using meds and professionals for bipolar. However, I am experiencing so much disrespecting of boundaries with psychiatrists that I feel I am forced to have my family doctor, who respects my wishes so much that we diagnosed a proven (with scans)neurological disorder together. At a Banner office here in Phoenix, two different psychiatrists years apart proscribed major med dosage increases without telling me. I experienced serious side effects from both. I was not in an acute condition requiring hospitalization. Banner also does not respect confidentiality about my disorder tho I am family caregiver to someone with many disorders. Stigma could really reduce my credibility in speaking to his doctors. They have lost multi-million dollar lawsuits about privacy rights. Sharing medical records is great sometimes, but not for me in this situation. There is a shortage of psychiatrists here, but the woman it took me forever to find is billing me without notice tho she took my insurance for two initial sessions. I think she doesnt want me as a patient, but that's a nasty way to convey that since it's not viable and inflation has hit us all very hard. Folks, please get a psychiatrist experienced with bipolar unless you have had years of experience using meds at the very least. Doctors are not gods, and we have rights. I have saved my husbands life many times leaving self serving doctors. Sorry to be cynical but I just have no more time searching for the right person. Nurse practitioners here can prescribe medications WITH NO SUPERVISION. After the isolation caused by covid, we need a better behavioral health system, not such nonsense. Hugs!

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
June08, raspberrytorte, unaluna

Thanks for this!
raspberrytorte