View Single Post
mar dhea
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2022
922 hugs
given
Default Jun 01, 2024 at 02:41 AM

It's the RationalWiki site. At least it opened as that for me. [and still does] Hey, I like a joke as well as most but that sorta thing isn't really my style of funny. Don't know why it opens for me. Did EVERYONE here have it open to anything other than the rational wiki website?

Seeing how the site is basically used to address nonsense posing as fact, it's no doubt disliked by some who believe their views to be pretty much sacrosanct. I'm wondering now if the site was messed with. Obviously, I guess it was. Messed with by someone who isn't coping well with the idea that people have a right to expose both sketchy concepts and the people that propagate them. I'm going to poke around a bit and see if this has happened elsewhere. Really sorry to those who might have been thrown off by what they opened up here. Not really surprised that someone did this. While it has always existed, the war against reason has been expanding exponentially. Pretty fugged up stuff.

I still recommend the site. Here's a brief Wikipedia description of the RationalWiki site. No worries...just some copy/pasting.

RationalWiki is an online wiki which is written from a scientific skeptic, secular, and progressive perspective. Its stated goals are to "analyze and refute pseudoscience and the anti-science movement, document crank ideas, explore conspiracy theories, authoritarianism, and fundamentalism, and analyze how these subjects are handled in the media."[7] It was created in 2007 as a counterpoint to the Christian fundamentalist Conservapedia after an incident in which some editors of Conservapedia were banned.[5][8] RationalWiki has been described as liberal in contrast to Conservapedia.[9][10]

RationalWiki aims to provide information about pseudoscientific theories[13] and to educate "individuals with unorthodox views".[14]
mar dhea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote