View Single Post
InkyBooky

Member Since Sep 2018
225 hugs
given
Default Jun 02, 2024 at 11:31 AM

For me, change also brings up the realization and reminder that everything is temporary and will continue to change...right up until it ends forever.

Whether that be changes in my own body as I age (each change a reminder that eventually I will die) or changes I experience in a relationship that remind me of the fact that this relationship is only temporary (all human relationships are temporary, right?).

Personally, it was hard to come to terms with the fact that my therapy relationship would end altogether one day - because I had grown very accustomed to the lovely supply of validation and nurturing. But it can't last forever (nor should it) so T and I worked on this a lot in therapy the past few months.

Of course, some changes and endings can be fun and empowering! For example, personally I've increased my fitness and completed my longest bike ride yet (85 miles I can't believe it)! This fitness won't last of course haha.... but I'm enjoying it. I've also recently reduced therapy with intention to end soon. It's both sad and also liberating at the same time. I'm trying to focus on the growth and remember I will always carry my T with me in my heart and psyche, much like we carry those we've lost even though we don't physically see them anymore.

Bottom line is that nothing stays the same or lasts forever. Change can be scary because it reminds us of this fact, but it can also be empowering at the same time.
InkyBooky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight