View Single Post
3rd rock
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2019
6,149 hugs
given
Default Jun 03, 2024 at 11:50 PM

I have resumed work on my novel. I'm trying a new approach: instead of trying to write each chapter and scene in order, I'm skipping back and forth to write key scenes throughout the story. It seems to be working, as I've managed to write over 2,000 words today. This has kept me distracted from the darkest of thoughts I've been plagued with lately. I have to focus on my writing, since the fantasy of getting this novel published and becoming a successful author is basically the only thing that gives me any hope for the future at all. I've also been spending a lot of time with my pets, who are the only source of joy in my life.

After my discharge from the psychiatric ward on Saturday, I've been on the waitlist to get into a treatment center for addiction. I chatted briefly today with a social worker from the local mental health center after she called. We talked about my plans moving forward and what to do if things take a wrong turn. She's going to call again to check in on Thursday or Friday. I'm still off work, with no expected return date. I'm still waiting on a decision on my application for Employment Insurance benefits for short-term disability. It's assured I'll get approved, as my medical provider filled out all the required paperwork for me. It's been a little over two weeks, and the Service Canada website says to allow for up to four weeks.
3rd rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, JaneOnceMore, nonightowl, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
DeeeSchmeee68