MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,333 hugs
given
Default Jun 05, 2024 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post

Some times the police will handcuff someone while they talk to the person. I've seen body cam videos on YouTube when they pull someone over, usually for DUI.
wtf. I mean I've only been in handcuffs 7 times that I can remember, but never did they let me straight back into the community whether it was protective custody, arrest, or being transported to the state hospital or the one time it was to a corrective facility. I don't know if other cops unnecessarily cuff people or if they let them go when they shouldn't. The people I've known with DUI offenses got taken straight to the police station (but maybe that's only because it was clearly failing a field sobriety test or being caught in possession at the same time).

I clearly do not know the ins and outs of why police do what they do with handcuffs (well...other than the pink fluffy kind ) I've just never known anyone who gets in cuffs and doesn't go to the station or a hospital (or in transport to somewhere else after the prior two situations).

I like repeating them just to see if it really is likely cause and effect.
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote