divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default Jun 05, 2024 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
Yeah, I know people get shocked, but I just don't get why when there are no confirmed cases of people living past 122 years old (and if anyone else lives that long NO ONE better be fking shocked), and the AVERAGE age of death is like 77 y/o with presumably a giant skew.

I'm just saying, *I don't think* any celebrity deaths in themselves are shocking. No clue what the rest of the world is thinking about who when or what. I'm not sure being shocked is the same as losing [their] cool either. Maybe people just look at certain celebrities and are just *upset* (or see the cause of death and have some reaction to that).

Not a hill I'm willing to die on to take this thread elsewhere further.
I don’t think mountain meant that people be in actual literal “shock” as they expected celebrities to live forever or thought that celebrities aren’t people.

Sometimes death of a celebrity that one admires means there’ll be no other book written by them or no other play acted or no other painting painted or no other good deed accomplished by them. It could mean many things to many people.