View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 07, 2024 at 11:38 AM

My primary care doctor moved to South Dakota, and my friends joked that it was to escape me. The new one is coming to my home; I am in the Home Hospice care now. I take a medication as an antihistamine called Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, brand name Atarax. It is very chemically similar to Benadryl. If I

take Benadryl. I feel like the molecules in my body could vibrate through a wall. Hydroxyzine works well for me. It was not being brought in, so I called the PCP and talked to his nurse. She tells me Dr. X is concerned as it is for anxiety. I reply that it has an off-label use for anxiety; it is classified as an antihistamine and a

good one. It is for anxiety. I am on 12 mg of Xanax a day, and I hardly need Hydroxyzine for anxiety; if you live in my state, you will have allergy problems. I just got a call from my psychiatrist; this nurse had called her and told her they needed permission to prescribe Hydroxyzine to a Stage 4 cancer patient; she asked me, "Is he crazy?" I was unsure what to say; she electronically sent a 90-day supply with three refills. I don't normally get agitated with people I deal with. When an LPN tries to argue with me, who holds an MD from Vanderbilt Medical, about the class of Benadryl by a different name, that's agitating.

Hugs from:
Nammu, TheGal, unaluna